5 Ways To Transform Your Backyard
Spring may be a few months away but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t start thinking about ways to transform and improve your backyard once it’s here! Did you know that eventually all types of your exterior tile or natural stone will suffer from the awful weather due to exposure to those elements regardless of where you live? You might want to think of ways to really improve the look of your outdoor space, especially before you tend to use most of your time back there once the weather improves.
There are several ways to improve your backyard and can also cost a lot of money depending on your space and what you want to do. My advice would be to start with something big first and then add small touches here and there. Here’s a few ideas of what I mean.
Image: Georgia Paver Restoration
- Pavers - The great thing about pavers is that they are extremely low maintenance but make such a statement for your outdoor space. These pavers can be either one big area for entertaining or a fun walkway path that leads you all over your backyard. Nervous to keep them clean? If you have damage to your existing pavers or just don’t have the material or time to do it yourself your best bet is to higher a professional. Georgia Paver Restoration could be the perfect solution for you. They offered a variety of services like paver sealing, paver cleaning, paver repair, and installation services. They are passionate about their customers service and stand behind the quality of their work. With years of experience on all types of pavers and natural stone, Georgia Paver Restoration is your expert in hardscape cleaning, sealing, and repair. They offer a full-service hardscape restoration solution for your patio, walkway, driveway and pool deck in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible. Pavers are truly a way to help transform your backyard no matter the size and really helps to make a statement.
- Add Seating - When you have friends and family over, you’ll imagine that they’ll want to have a place to sit down and relax in your backyard. Make sure to add an area where they can sit and chat or even an area for your children to enjoy an outdoor picnic. It’s not a bad idea to even add a bench near a flower garden to give various seating to your guests or even for you to enjoy. Think of calm places to add your seating away from where it might get loud for those that need a moment to themselves.
- Lighting - Outdoor lights remain a favorite for porches and patios because they are fun and celebratory with just enough sparkle to keep the light from being distracting. Think of some patio ideas that you can do to help string lights which give some great color or shapes. You can even add some outdoor lighting to wrap around a tree or drape them down a table for a twinkling centerpiece during a dinner party!
- Go Vertical - If you’re in a tight small space, think of going up instead of on the ground to help you with space. You can small gardens that go vertical instead of horizontal. Try using small wood boxes and hang them from hooks to help serve as a focal point in your backyard! These are easy to use for pretty succulents or even low-growing vegetables! This is a repurposed dressers that yo ucn add storage and add some fun conversational pieces for your backyard!
- Find Ways To Do It Yourself - If you think you’re able to do a lot of things yourself that will help cost and materials; but just know you’re going to be investing a lot of time and effort. Big concrete pavers can take a place of pricey stones for a patio while building materials can help create the containers and outdoor table base just to give you some ideas. If you need to recruit friends and neighbors to help, by all means, make sure it’s a fun affair to get your backyard the way you want too.
My advice to really anyone would be while you can get away with savvy with cheap landscaping ideas, identifying one elements to invest in will help you create a yard you’ll love and can enjoy for years to come. Consider spending a little extra on a budget-friendly fire pit or a special piece of furniture you’ll use regularly. Looking at more affordable accents such as pillows or side table to help bring your space together is key. And if you’re looking for ways to really help get a head start on your backyard, getting your pavers cleaned and polished is essential for making sure the rest of your place comes together.